Today is Ellie's Half!
She's in a fun stage. Three-and-a-half year olds are a lesson in contradictions. She tosses her apple, the biggest, by her request, in the trash after one bite. Then she cries when I throw away the tiny little disposable hairband (the only ones that will stay in her fine hair) at the end of the day because she wanted to keep it.
She has opinions. She has preferences. She has a voice. While we can't always do what she wishes, we get to know what is going on inside her head more often.
She is also getting better at understanding us. She notices people's tone and body language, and can point out how she thinks someone else feels.
All kids have their strengths, and one of my favorites of Ellie's is that she remembers names. She can list off many of the little friends in her Sunday School class. She talks about them during the week and makes them cards. She learns her sisters' friends' names too. Another favorite of ours is that she still calls our AHG troop coordinator, "A atch G." I think we will loose that in the next few months, so I want to remember it!
She loves her pink rain boots (and all boots in general), still isn't a big fan of sweets, and loves to go to church.
1. What is your favorite color? pink
2. What is your favorite toy? doll
3. What is your favorite fruit? 'nana (banana)
4. What is your favorite tv show? Unfortunate Events
5. What is your favorite movie? Frozen
6. What is your favorite thing to wear? dress--brown with pink polka dots
7. What is your favorite animal? kitty cat
8. What is your favorite song? "Twinkle"
9. What is your favorite book? picture books--I Love you, Stink Face
10. Who is your best friend? Katie
11. What is your favorite snack? 'nanas, again!
12. What is your favorite drink? lemonade
13. What is your favorite breakfast? chocolate cereal, I love pancakes too
14. What is your favorite lunch? peanut butter and macaroni
15. What is your favorite dinner? hot dogs and pasta
16. What is your favorite game? Uno Moo
17. What is your favorite thing to play outside? ball
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas (I wanna present!!)
19. What do you sleep with at night? a dolly
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I wanna be in a booster! I wanna be a doctor.
An Unusual Field Trip
7 months ago