Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

Several years ago I helped my Mama brine a turkey.  I loved the flavor, so I always do that now.  This year I mixed my brine and poured it over my turkey in an oven bag.  Perhaps the solution was too hot or maybe I put too much pressure on the bag as I was adjusting it in the roasting pan before I popped it in the fridge for the night, but either way the bag burst.  There was brine (that had been on my raw turkey) everywhere!  I had to wash the counters, everything on them, stove top, the cabinet fronts, and the floor.  I had to remove my shoes and change my clothes.  The turkey had to brine half at a time in the brine that stayed in the pan and I just flipped the bird this year.  It still tasted good, despite my mess!

I hope you had a joyous (and less messy) Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

bhanes75@gmail.com said...

Sorry you had a mess, but glad that it still tasted good.

Ann said...

I was just talking with matt about brining. He wondered how it doesn't dry the meat out since salt tends to do that. I told him...the liquid!