Monday, December 16, 2013

Babies Don't Keep



So, I've not been blogging much.

 My reason is quite cute and somewhat demading though.

 The sweet girl is giving great smiles, open mouthed kisses, and we adore her.

I've thought often about the Song for a Fifth Child by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton.  I always loved it, and while Elliana is our fourth, and not the fifth, I am enjoying her babyhood as much as I can.  She's already changed so much!

We took off from school for awhile,

though we are back at it now.

And I will gladly cradle her sweet little head rahter than type on the computer.  I'm enjoying her reaching for my hand and the way she looks at me like I hung the moon.

I rewrote the last part of the poem for today's self imposed busyness:

Oh, Blogger and Twitter will wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, email. Facebook, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I understand completely. I love to hold her too!