Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Counting Days

I remember keeping a count down to the end of school when I was in college and the kids kpt one on my board when I was a teacher. So as we're getting to the end of our school year I thought I would count up our days to see when we would be finished with our required days, not sure how many school days we may actually have, as we can obviously keep going. I kept coming up with us not finishing until mid-June. I knew that we started a little later than the public school system and we've had some sick days, but we also didn't take all the snow days, we've had class on some of their holidays and in-service days, and even worked on Saturday on occasion if we missed some other time through the week. Then I went back over my numbers--I skipped March. Oops! So we should be finished with our required days by mid-May. Whew! Evidently Mama needs a break if I can't even add up all of our days, huh?

I haven't entirely decided what we'll do this summer to keep busy. There is a summer camp that I have signed Kate up for in June. The library has a summer reading program too. Then a trip to visit family. Justin's doctoral defense. I think we'll need to do some math practice once in awhile so she doesn't forget those skills. Oh and then maybe moving... Okay, maybe our summer is filling up after all!

No comments: