Friday, September 5, 2008

Disconnected

It's amazing how much my life has come to revolve around this little contraption. Last weekend Justin installed a new update on our computer, when we didn't like it he tried to do system restore. Evidently that's a big no-no when you've done an update. Our poor computer can't even load Windows. Oops.

Luckily there is a service at the university that will fix it for free. The only problem is we thought it would be a day or two, but now I've been out of a computer for several days and we got a promise of next Tuesday. I think I probably could have fixed the problem by then, but alas, it's out of my hands (literally) now.

I can't tell you how many times a day I start to head over to the desk to check my email, the weather, or just to use it as a reference for something. Thankfully Justin has this laptop for school and I can use it in the evenings. For that I am very thankful.

Until then I'll have to grab my computer time when I can, and be grateful for that.

No comments: