Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Laundry

I am finishing up a box of laundry detergent.  I bought it before we even arrived at our new home, so I decided to go ahead and try my hand at homemade laundry detergent.

 There are a lot of recipes out there.  Many require 5 gallon buckets of goop, but I'm trying a simple 1:1:1 mix of laundry soap, borax, and washing soda, since I don't want to commit all that space if I can avoid it.

By far, the hardest part is grating the soap, but I'm sure that it could be done more simply if you have a better tool than a cheap grater.


We dumped in the ingredients in a dish, mixed it, and put a lid on it.

 That's the amount it should take (in the green cup from my regular  laundry detergent).

We should see how it works this week.  Here's to hoping it turns out better than the dish detergent!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Kristy,
I've been using this laundry detergent for a few weeks and love it. I too preferred to try the dry instead of the 5 gallons of goop.