Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fun in the Sun

I'm boring predictable. I'm not uptight about having to change my schedule, but I generally keep one, unless it's interrupted. We school immediately following breakfast, we run errands in the late morning if they need to be done, we eat lunch at the same time everyday, we have a rest time after lunch, more school and free play in the afternoon. Plenty of time in our day to do each of the tasks before us, but not much in the way of excitement.

About as wild and crazy as it gets is that we do our library time in the afternoons because as soon as we get those new books there's not much chance for the more formal school work to occur, as we'll definitely be doing a lot of reading and looking at our books in the afternoon, so there was great excitement in my house when I told the girls to take a good rest Thursday because I had plans for us.

We're getting to the end of the summer, but it was a nice sunny day so, once everyone was rested, I pulled out the swim suits. We went to "The Water Sprayer" as they call it. Kate loves to run through the different sprayers, man the giant water cannons, and stand under buckets that fill and then dump on her head. Gabby is more timid. She likes to get wet, but hates that the water is in her face and eyes. Nate, well, he wasn't too impressed at all, but he got to go along for the ride. I'm willing to guess that next summer, when he's walking, that he will be a wild man. It was the first time I tried taking all three of them someplace like that alone since Nate became mobile--grocery store, sure, but turn them loose and let them run, while trying to keep up with them--yikes. It turned out to be easy, though that's mostly because two of them were glued to my side. I think it's really more practical than the playground, with all the things to climb on, that make it hard with three children to spot for, no pieces of bark for Nate to eat, and of course the benefit of keeping cooler. It was also nice that we were there before the big kids were all out of school yet, so there weren't a bunch of people there yet.

It meant I had to rush to get dinner on the table, but it was fun to be a little less...boring.

1 comment:

ann said...

sounds awesome...and brave. Oh, also...I noticed no pictures! I don't blame you!!!