Sunday, October 21, 2018

Fall

Autumn has finally arrived here in the south.  Long sleeves and crisp mornings.  I may still be wearing flip flops with my jeans, because I still don't like shoes.  The younger three spent all afternoon enjoying the afternoon in the yard without the mosquitoes.  The weather has been perfect, and the quiet afternoon was exactly what was in order for a Sunday afternoon.

Life is moving at breakneck speed!  Looking at the calendar will make one dizzy...  AHG and Trail Life, church volunteer positions, the older girls have the opportunity to assist in teaching swimming lessons to people with disabilities.  Katie volunteers with a local MOPS group to provide child care, and she took her very first paid baby-sitting job where mom isn't nearby.  Not to mention schooling kindergarten through 8th grade all at once.

We are getting in a rhythm for school.  I think I’ve finally convince Ellie that she does not need to work in a book eight hours a day for school, which was a real challenge as we started the year.  We're deep into our year now.  Over a quarter of the way through!  We've visited museums and parks; we've studied grammar and the War of 1812; we've counted by 10's and read Les Miserables (be still my heart...I do love that book).

I'm just trying not to blink these days, or I might miss a year or two!

Kristy

No comments: