Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Funnies

When Kate was two and Gabby was new, my parents got them a Little People Nativity set.  They have been a favorite of every December since.  The animals have been taught not to eat from the manger, the holy family has ridden in a pirate ship, and the baby Jesus has been stolen.

This year I pulled it out to a chorus of glee.  That was short lived as both Gabby and Nate wanted to have exclusive rights to all of the people and animals we had representing the stable of Bethlehem.  After a day or so of turn taking, over seen by Mama, they finally got to the point they could play together.

Gabby, talking for Mama Mary, as she is called at our house, says, "Kiss me, you are my husband."

Nate, taking up a growling voice to represent Daddy Joseph, answers, "I wanna knock 'em all over."

Ah, the differences in how little girls and little boys play!

*     *     *     *     *

As I was putting lotion on Nate, "My legs are so boo-tiful and bright!"

No comments: