Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our Easter

For some reason I didn't post about our Easter! I guess I had been too busy enjoying it to think about writing about it.

We got together with a chunk of my dad's family. He was one of 6, so the group of us who were there were far from the whole clan. Four of the six siblings were represented (his oldest sister died many years ago, but her children were there), along with his other sister and youngest brother.

We had lunch and an egg hunt for the kiddos.


Kate filling her basket


Gabby found a lucrative spot (there were about 400 eggs hidden in a rather small yard).


Nate was pretty good at finding eggs until he found the slide in the backyard.


Kate made friends with my cousin's daughter.


Justin and Nate with the gaggle of girls--two of my cousins brought children young enough to hunt for eggs, some of the children were older (high school, college, and married) and even a grandbaby, but he was too young to be hunting. I think he slept through the excitement.


We got a chance to visit with each other (Grannie, Gam, and Gabby),


and play with Easter grass and great-aunt's cell phones.

Sunday morning the littles weren't too interested in having photos taken, but I got one of each before we headed off to church.







We spent the afternoon out for a nice walk.

No comments: