Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Shopping We Will Go

Back to the store we went, after yesterday's fun filled trip.

The kids did well--great behavior all around. I'm standing in a slightly longer than normal line, but we're okay. Then one of the managers asked me to move to the express checkout. My cart clearly has more than 20 items, but those lanes are empty, so she evidently wanted to make better use of their cashiers.

I got out of my line and headed that way. Someone popped in front of me, so we're back in line. The cashier was chatty and not moving quickly. Then there is the complication that there's not enough space to put all my groceries, while she tries to bag things. The line is building behind me. Then she has to call over a manager.

I can feel that people are asking themselves if I can count. I want to tell them I was sent there, but I don't. At least I've got cute kids to keep them entertained while they waited on me. Maybe the next time I get caught behind the person with 52 items in the 20 or less lane, I'll consider that they were sent there. Next time I'm sent there though, I think I'll stay put!

No comments: