Friday, January 14, 2011

Real Mail

I got mail!!! When I made my way to the mailbox yesterday, yes in my flip flops, there were several things out there. Statements from our insurance company, a notice from when I had Gabby's speech evaluation done that they were going to contact my insurance company, ubber exciting stuff. But there in the pile was a real addressed letter.

I love those, don't you? They often come unexpectedly and they are so very fun to get. If I had looked more closely before I opened it, I would have been even more excited. I knew the stamps were different and there were two, but I still didn't put it together until I opened the envelope.

Can you see the card?

There are little Danish flags all over it!

When I was a senior in high school, my family hosted an exchange student from Denmark. We loved her so much. My sister and I had a wonderful time running around with her. We learned to say things like "Is boutique" for ice cream shop, "Hjælpe mig!" (Help me!) and "Glædelig jul" for Merry Christmas. She learned that you don't borrow a bathroom, you ask to use it. At the end of her trip her whole family came to stay with us for a couple of weeks, so we got to meet her parents and younger sister too.

Our Danish sister had a baby this past year, so I sent her some baby blankets for her little boy and I received this thank you card. I couldn't have been happier!

No comments: