Monday, January 3, 2011

Shop 'Til She Drops

I've not had a normal grocery shopping trip since mid-December with our comings and goings and left over turkey and all, but today I needed to restock. We made a trip to the library this morning, so we waited until this afternoon to run our little errand.

The baby had his nice long nap, everyone had a snack before we left, no one needed to use the facilities, and I had my detailed list in order from the back of the store to the front.

There was just one problem with my nice, neat little plan. Gabriella. As I was getting Nate out of his car seat, she was supposed to be sitting with her cute little legs dangling out of the side of the van. Unfortunately she decided this 30 second break was the perfect time to take a nap. We slowly made our way to the store. Here she decided she didn't want to walk. Not again.

She did better than some trips. We got our first two items, but then true disaster struck, I let her sister choose a box of crackers. Wailing ensued. I persisted, calmly making my way through the store, well at least to the next aisle. One woman had to tell the person on the other end of her phone conversation that nothing was horribly wrong. I had another woman stop me and say that she hoped she would be as calm as I was when her little boy (now in an infant carrier) acted like that in the store. I smiled as I debated what to do. I grabbed the milk and a couple of cans of soup that we really needed to make it through the morning (so Justin could take lunch), and I called it quits. So I suppose I'll be back at the store again tomorrow. If you hear a great wailing from the direction of central Tennessee tomorrow, no worries, I just made Gabby walk through the store.

No comments: