Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nate's Room

Nate has a room all to himself, finally. At first he roomed in with us, allowing the girls to keep their rooms. Then for awhile he slept in the kitchen. Finally he got to share Gabby's room. She slept in a room with Kate at night, but still napped in there during the day, so the bed is finally free of pretty pink flowers.


I opted to top the iron bed (the frame, not the mattress, is made of iron) with a plaid comforter that we had on hand for now and cover it with a Noah's ark quilt I made several years back.


The Quilt


Nate is still sleeping in a pack and play. Our crib has a recall on it and with the move we didn't file for the replacement part--it's on my crazy long to-do list. This isn't the same pack and play he had been sleeping in though. It was a hand-me-down and evidently wasn't meant to make it to it's ten year birthday (which it would have reached this fall). One of the screws broke off inside when we were visiting Justin's parents in Ohio this month, so we got the only available pack and play in their local Wal-Mart (it's a small town!).



He has a good sized closet, holding the crib parts for right now and not a whole lot else. I'm looking forward to getting it more organized once we can set the crib up. And of course there is the obligatory changing table and diaper pail. I'm glad to have them on the first floor again. We were mostly changing him on the floor because I didn't like carrying him up and down the stairs and leaving the girls to their own devices for that long.


n

1 comment:

ann said...

At first, I was like, "whoa," cause I thought you had him in a big bed already. But I kept reading and found out otherwise. Anyway, the room looks great, and I hope he likes it.