Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break

We took off Spring Break with Justin last week, and we enjoyed some time doing fun things between my (three) visits to the eye doctor (yeah--that's not over yet) and his trip to see the NP at the endocrinologist's office.

I picked up a Groupon for $15 for 5 passes to a jump place (I didn't think to take my camera, but I did get a few cell phone pics.).


Kate was thrilled.


My littlest daredevil was none too sure. It took him about an hour to warm up to the place. He eventually decided it was fun.


And then Miss Gabby, who started off utterly terrified, even when we held her in the jumpers ended by sliding and jumping, while chanting "Jumping on the bed! jumping on the bed!!"

Since we were already down town to see my doctor on Wednesday, we visited a different science museum. We didn't get through all of it, but the kids enjoyed something different.


There were cars to lift (a little red Fiat),


planets to discover,


interfaces to interact with,


ambulances to explore,


things to point at,


and Magic School Buses to ride.

It was NOT the same science museum that I visited when I was a little girl (even though it sort of is)--a lot more than the name has changed, for better or for worse. We found the loud music to be distracting, but loved the new technology that allowed for so much more information to be shared, though our kids aren't quite ready for that depth, it is nice to know it is there.

It was a topsy-turvy break, but it was so nice to be home together. We were able to go back to work and home school after a nice respite.

No comments: