Friday, March 18, 2011

A Shiny New Library Card

Kate got her very own library card Tuesday. I had assumed we'd need her birth certificate or something, but when we asked the gal at circulation what we needed she told us we just had to fill out a form at the reference desk, but I'll let Kate tell the story...

We went to the library. I went and looked at books. Then I found a fairy book. We went to check out.

After we were done checking out, we got me a fancy library card. Mama wrote on one piece of paper. I wrote my name: K-a-t-i-e L-a-s-t.

I am going to check out books with the library card. It is exciting!



May this passport to books help you travel far and wide, girlie, I hope you get as much use out of your library card as I did growing up.

3 comments:

ann said...

That picture is precious. You can tell how proud she is.

Jessica @ One Shiny Star said...

I've been thinking about getting a library card - but the library is rather out of the way, so i don't know if it is worth it, since I never drive that way.

Bonnie said...

WOW--- The Bobbsey Twins!! My favorite when I was a young girl.