Monday, January 16, 2023

XXXVII: Paint

While we are waiting, I started painting furniture to fit our new home.

I started with a small stand that I from my grandmother.  We’ve used it in a couple of locations over the years, near the door in Kansas and our first house here to catch keys and bags.  Here we used it in the half bath for hand towels,  hair supplies (though now the girls don’t really need my help with that anymore), etc.  The new half bath will have a cabinet instead of the pedestal sink.

We took the old doors off, and I filled the holes.

And painted it white to go in my master bathroom—thank you Gabby for helping me get it done by dark!

Since their isn’t a linen closet on that floor, it will serve that purpose.


Then Ellie and I worked on my dresser.  It was originally a gray-ish paint, as I recall.  My dad stained it for me 15 years ago.

We moved this project indoors due to weather, and put down plastic sheeting.  We sanded.


Used tack cloth.


Primed.


Painted.


Changed the hardware and have left it to cure.

Speaking of paint, the builder confirmed paint colors and should be painting in the next week or two!