Monday, April 25, 2022

Part XVII: Forward

After the building permit last Monday, we had to wait for the 911 address to be assigned.  It could take up to a week, but we got ours on Thursday afternoon.

The next step was to drive over to the water and electric companies.  It was too late on Thursday and, like many Friday mornings, my oldest three were scheduled to help with childcare for our church’s MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) program.

Katie is only permitted (by state law here) to transport one person in a car at a time, so I needed to drive them to and from MOPS.  I had the crew pack everything they needed for the weekend at my parents (heading out right afterwards for a visit) and had them bring any school they could do on the road, and we took off for getting utilities squared away.

The electric is still hung up on a piece of information from the builder, but I did get us on the list to get a water tap.  Everyone from electric, to water, to surveyor tells me three weeks, which reminds us of the Money Pit’s two weeks, every time Shelly Long and Tom Hanks asked how long until their home repairs would be completed.


No comments: