Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Tree Cookies

Since Christmas isn't Christmas without cookies, okay so it is, but I don't ever remember celebrating one without these cookies, I made these with the girls. I even happened to have star candy sprinkles with which we topped our trees.



The very first year we were married Justin was working an odd shift and sleeping odd hours. I was taking night classes three nights a week (many people were taking the same classes for their Master's degree and so we met when they could come). I got out of class early one night and scurried home to make these cookies. I was so excited to make them on my own for the first time. Justin was asleep, so I sneaked into the little galley kitchen and mixed up a batch of dough. Just as I was preparing the first cookie sheet, my sleepy husband stumbled from the bedroom, which shared a wall with the kitchen, and demanded to know what I was doing with a caulking gun in the middle of the night (8 PM).

My caulking gun (cookie press) and I have been making these cookies for the past 12 years and we always laugh when I pull out that press.


It didn't take Nate too long to figured out that the girls had left their chairs from helping, right where the cookies were cooling.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

YUM YUM!! Did he get one before you caught him?

Kristy said...

Nope, I saw him as he climbed up. He got cooled ones later though!