Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Old Kentucky Home

We made the eleventeen (Gabby's term for 11) and a half hour drive to my parents' house in Kentucky earlier this week. The munchkins behaved admirably considering the length of the trip. Nate cried the last two hours, but was in good humor for most of the previous 9 1/2. Kate colored and played quietly and Gabriella watched DVDs and only fussed for me to do things I couldn't reach to do for her a half dozen times or so. Justin and I were driving in separate vehicles to get both of them here, so I had the van full of munchkins and he had the car without a/c. I think I got the better end of the deal, as the radio Deejays kept proclaiming that we were under a severe heat advisory warning all day.

We arrived to the house to find cute linens on the girls' bed, Snicker's bars stashed for Justin, new clothes for Nate, and open closet and drawer space for me to fill. We are settling in here well and will try to look at some houses in Tennessee at the end of this coming week.

2 comments:

Jessica @ One Shiny Star said...

we're about to do an 8 hour drive with two cars. But I'll be in the car with the dogs and no A/C while my husband drives the new car... because he can't drive stick. Hmph. I want the kids and the A/C!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Oh I agree - I think you got the better end of the deal with the air conditioning. :)