Monday, September 15, 2008

My Favorite Stage



People ask me what age I think that my girls are the most fun. I always struggle with that. From the time Kate was a three months old and I went to work for awhile people were asking that and, “What she was doing now?” The lady that was in charge of the day care she was in, down the hall from my classroom (awesome arrangement by the way), said she really liked the way I handled each phase of development. I didn’t push her forward and I didn’t hold her back. I guess that’s because for the most part my favorite stage is now. That’s where I can enjoy it, why wish for what was or dream about a tomorrow that my kiddos may not be able to live up to or that could be more wonderful than I can imagine?

Sure Kate didn’t walk until she was nearly a year and a half old, but before that she was saying fifty words. That was her and I wasn’t worried. Gabby doesn’t talk as much, though who could with Kate around, but she may walk a little sooner (or later). I try to take each day as it comes and be thankful for these beautiful, wonderful girls that God has placed in my care.

Besides, right now gives me these pictures!

No comments: